Saturday 10 October 2015

French Makeup Haul!

I always get rather excited when I travel to France, because it is a good opportunity for me to stock up on some skincare supplies, however this time I may have also spent a little time in MAC, as well as done some airport shopping!

Also, sorry about the photo quality, I took these while I was in France, and only had my compact! Never again....

This has been one of my favourite face creams for a long time, and I don't see that changing any time soon!

I got very excited about my purchases!
 I'm going to do separate posts for the MAC products, and also the Chanel eyeshadows, because I feel we need to have a proper conversation about them, however I will talk about the other bits now!

Bioderma Micellar Water
I have recently tried switching to the Garnier Micellar water, as it is quite a bit cheaper than the Bioderma one, however I am changing back. I have quite sensitive skin, and the Bioderma one doesn't sting at all, but it gets off all my makeup and my skin feels great when I use it. Unfortunately when I use the Garnier one, my skin gets quite tight, and I suffer from eczema on my eyelids sometimes, and it made them sting :( Yay for Bioderma though which does not!!


Benefit Hello Flawless Powder

It comes with a cute little book full of tips and tricks

The compact is equipped with a mirror

Underneath the powder there is a really useful sponge and small brush!
As you will know if you have read some of my other posts, I am usually a die hard MAC makeup fan. I would say that approximately 80% of my day to day makeup is from MAC in fact, however from time to time I do still enjoy perusing other counters, and there is nowhere better to do that than at an airport. My powder is on it's way out, and I wanted one to leave in my bag for everyday use, and I saw this one at the Benefit counter. Not going to lie, for me the draw was the mini brush and sponge in the bottom... it is super useful, and although I usually use a big powder brush, for handbag space saving I think this is a great idea. 

The lady applied some of the powder for me, and I have to admit I was really impressed with how easily it blended, and the coverage it provided. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and I continue to get good results, I've used it on it's own when I wanted light coverage, over foundation, and to mattify my face when I was a bit glowy! This is definitely a perfect handbag companion - I highly recommend it!

As and when I post the MAC and Chanel reviews I'll post links here for you to follow!

Lots of love
Briony Crew Post Signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig