Monday 17 August 2015

5 Things I would tell my 18 year old self...

Turning 18 is always an interesting period of time in anyone's life, all of a sudden you are no longer a child, but you aren't quite an adult! After looking through some old (and many terrible) photographs, I decided to do a post on 5 things I would tell (or ask) myself if I found a time machine. Warning: Terrible photos to come...
1) When you have dark hair, do not decide you want a big blonde section... it does not look good
Yep, that's me in the middle there, looking like a skunk... What was I thinking? Why did the hairdresser let me do it? Why did my mother not stop me? So many questions.....
2) Why would you ever think that matching a headband to a top was a good idea?


Oh look, there I am, red top, red hair band, red faced... get.your.shit.together.
3) Flavoured vodka shots are a terrible plan


I remember when I first started going out in town (legally) and was so excited to go drinking and dancing in revolution. At some point in the night, my best friend and I would have to get shots, and it was always a stick of brightly coloured, dubiously flavoured vodka shots! Why?!!!! All that resulted from drinking these, was feeling sick, and thinking what was that meant to be? If you insist on doing shots, make it nice Tequila!

4) Denim mini skirts are not your friend


What can I say about this outfit... tacky top, denim mini skirt with a studded belt over the top, low opacity black tights and fake converse. Wow. And don't ask me what I was doing in this picture, I have no idea!

5) When you are on holiday in Lloret de Mar, don't drink in a biker bar, and if you do - don't ask for a picture with a couple of bikers...


It seemed like a good idea at the time... now I look back and go wtf? Seriously, who did I think I was, with my pink top and hoop earrings... Although one of the guys did smile, so I must have been a little charming?



Oh well, I guess we all live and learn! One thing I wouldn't change about being 18 though, was having fun with my best friend, we've been friends for 15 years now, from bad hair, to bad decisions in bars and some hilarious fancy dress.

She was super woman, I was cat woman, don't ask why I had fluffy ears... I was 18! Also, clear plastic bra straps? Bleurgh.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing and researching (going through old Facebook albums) it! Leave me a comment or hilarious picture of you at 18 in the comments below!
Lots of love
Briony Crew Post Signature
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The hair and the headband for sure! They're classics, not in a good way hahah. Ah well, back then everyone had it so you weren't looking extremely weird or so, everyone simply looked strange haha xx

    http://www.thedutchcountryside.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig