Thursday 6 August 2015

The quest to find the perfect watch is complete

Since my last watch continuously fell off my wrist due to a weak clasp, I have been dying for a new watch. However, I am also one of the pickiest people in the world. For a while I considered a Michael Kors one, however after last Christmas I felt like the world and his wife owned one, which put me off getting one!

After then deciding I didn't want a Chronographic face, I started the very long hunt for my perfect time-keeping companion. For me buying a watch is a large decision - I don't wear a lot of jewellery, so I feel like my watch is not only useful, but it also shows off my personality a bit (if that makes any sense at all!)

Olivia Burton Big Dial Mink and Rose Gold Watch
Isn't she beautiful
I had seen a few different watch companies that I liked, however in the end I narrowed it down to Daniel Wellington, or Olivia Burton. As you can see Olivia Burton won! I loved the simplicity of the watches produced by both of these companies, however I am a complete sucker for rose gold, and it is beautiful with the mink leather strap. In the future I might consider getting a Daniel Wellington watch as well though...

Olivia Burton Big Dial Mink and Rose Gold Watch
Olivia Burton Big Dial Mink and Rose Gold Watch

The exact model of this watch is the Big Dial Mink and Rose Gold Watch; I had been coveting it for a long time, and put it on my birthday list with a big sign saying "Please Buy Me"! Fortunately, my lovely boyfriend paid attention to my constant hints, and I bounced around the room when opened it up on my Birthday. Conveniently, the colours also go with the plans for my new bedroom... I may add a picture to my mood board!

Olivia Burton Big Dial Mink and Rose Gold Watch
Olivia Burton Big Dial Mink and Rose Gold Watch
I'm loving the trend for over sized watches at the moment - not to sound too granny like, but it means I can easily see the time without glasses on (winner!) and also because I don't wear much jewellery - seriously all I usually wear are earrings, it makes such a pretty wrist decoration.

Are you loving statement watches at the moment! Let me know what you think of mine in the comments below, or if there are any other similar brands you think I should look at.

Lots of love
Briony Crew Post Signature
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hoooooly crap that is beautiful! I love Olivia Burton watches!

    Rhianna | robowecop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig