Monday 21 July 2014

July Glossybox

My first Glossybox arrived today! It was a very exciting moment, as I have seen so many people getting them recently, and I have to say I was excited to open it up, the first thing I loved was the packaging, it was perfect for 4th July celebrations.

The products in this months box are: Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Mineral Lipstick, Absolute New York Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer, Carmex Lip Balm, Color Club Glossy Seal and Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes 4-in-1 mascara. All in all I think it's a pretty great box, and I'm loving trying out some new things!
Initially I was a little apprehensive about using a blue nail varnish, as it isn't in my normal colour spectrum, but I decided to try is out on a very damp saturday, and surprisingly it is quite wearable! Definitely makes a good colour pop to a dull outfit!
I am a complete lipstick hoarder, as I love to match my lipstick with an outfit, and can that it can turn a normal everyday makeup look into something much more spectacular. This lipstick is a fab summer colour, and will look great with a tan, it goes on really well, and my lips feel really moisturised when I use it. Also after using this lipstick for a couple of days, I can confirm it stays on really well and doesn't bleed too much around the edges (to combat this I advise using a primer - but to be honest I do this for most of my bright lipsticks, just because any bleeding is instantly noticeable). One final point, which may be a bit odd - this lipstick smells AMAZING. In a very weird, I kinda want to eat it way - it's really vanilla-y. Total winner for me!
I love trying out different mascaras, as I don't particularly like wearing falsies, but constantly strive to achieve bambi eyes! This seems a good mascara, it goes on cleanly, and it isn't too wet (I hate it when I open my eyes up to wide and end up with mascara everywhere) and definitely makes my lashes lovely and long, the only thing I don't particularly like is the packaging - I like my makeup bag to be quite minimalistic, and this is a little gauche.
I often feel that primers are really underrated, but I always use them if I'm doing a full face of makeup as they definitely stay on for longer. The one I usually use is Benefit Stay Don't Stray which is incredible, but I have to say I tried this one today, and it is nearly as good! Definitely a keeper!
Last but not least is a tub of Carmex, which let's be honest, who doesn't love it!! This will definitely be living in my handbag!
Do you get a Glossybox delivery? Or do you get one of the many competitors - I know it took me a while to decide which one I wanted, and to be honest I will probably still end up ordering a Birchbox at some point soon! What do you think? Glossybox? Birchbox? Any other good options? I always like to hear your thoughts!
post signature
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've been seeing a few people opening their glossy boxes but I've not subscribed myself. Seems like a pretty nice idea though. This collection look good, I love the colour of the lipstick!

    ~ K

    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure which box to get, but I'm liking the glossybox so far - I'm definitely excited to see what arrives next month! Although I am tempted to get a birchbox as well, and do a bit of a comparison! x

      Delete
  2. You got some awesome products in this month's box. I like the looks of that Bellapierre lipstick and the Tarte Mascara!

    Olivia xxx Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using it for a while longer, the Bellapiere lipstick is fast becoming one of my favourites! It lasts all day when i'm in work - absolutely fab! x

      Delete
  3. Ooo I haven't had a glossy box for ages, may have to resubscribe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig