Tuesday 29 July 2014

Makeup Haul: Boots in July!

Overall July has been a very exciting month for me, between starting a new job and it being my birthday, so naturally I decided that a shopping trip was in order. For once I could just about justify this to myself as I was starting a new job and needed more clothes, and therefore naturally, more makeup. Or so I like to tell myself.
All in all on this occasion I felt very virtuous as I simply stocked up on what I had run out of and took advantage of a sale! Who can argue with that!
July Boots Makeup Haul
My purchases this month are:
Rimmel: Kate Moss Lipstick in 08 Lasting Finish and Scandaleyes 24hr Black Gel Liner
Soap and Glory: Glow Job Sunkissed Tinted Morning Moisture Flash and Off Your Face makeup wipes
Maybelline: Dream Matte Mouse in 48 Sun Beige
I'm loving a lot of the Rimmel Kate lipsticks at the moment, but this is a lovely pinky nude colour - definitely a great work colour for everyday, the pigment is lovely and also very long lasting. Also I have been meaning to try a gel liner for ages, to be honest I was a little apprehensive, as since several liquid eyeliner disasters I have stuck firmly to pencils, but I found that this went on easily, and it definitely lasted longer than pencil liner does!
08 Long Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick
08 Long Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick
I have used Glow Job for ages, but I'm loving the new formula - I had used my one for ages, and I wasn't always a huge fan of the big beads of bronzer in them, as it took quite a lot of blending, but the revised formula is great, it goes on much smoother with a more even covering.
I know a lot of people have an issue with makeup wipes, and I don't use them everyday as they never quite get all my makeup off, but there is no denying that sometimes when you come in late, the last thing that you can be bothered to do is a full cleanse, and in that instance I like having some makeup wipes on hand! Also these ones smell lovely - they are like the peaches and clean face wash!
I am still working on getting contouring right, but in the mean time I am experimenting with a variety of different products, and one which several bloggers have mentioned is using a darker foundation instead of just matte bronzer as it blends better. I have used the dream matte mousse quite a lot before and have always liked it - so when I saw it I decided to revisit it! I have only used it a couple of times but it definitely blends in with my existing foundation very well. As my contouring improves I will update you more!
Have you tried out any new drugstore products recently? Or indeed any of the ones I have got? Let me know!
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig