Monday 29 December 2014

MAC Glaze Lipstick in Hot Tahiti

I love winter lipsticks! I especially love that it isn't over the top to wear a red lipstick in the middle of the day at work. However, as anybody who knows anything about makeup knows, finding the perfect red is akin to finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!

However, for my skin tone, I think I may have found that illustrious pot of gold! MAC Glaze lipsticks are more glossy and sheer than the other finishes, which means it requires a couple of coats if you want a solid colour, but for day to day wearing it is perfect.



One swipe
Positives: For me the best thing about this lipstick is the colour; it is described as a reddish-coral, personally I don't think it is coral at all but it is a very soft red. I also love the texture - in winter I often suffer from dry lips, but because this is quite a buttery texture, it isn't a problem.

Negatives: Staying time. Compared to Amplified Crème or Satin finish it is pants. Only really lasts a couple of hours, and by the end of that it is very faint. However, I suppose you can't have a soft texture and a very long lasting finish all at the same time! And reapplying is hardly the end of the world.

Me wearing Hot Tahiti (apologies for the poor focus!)
Have you used Hot Tahiti? What do you think of the Glaze finish? I know there are only 5 lipsticks in this range, however I am definitely a fan!
Lots of Love!
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig