Monday 15 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

Seeing as how I haven't been blogging much recently, I decided that it is time for a little shake up! And what better way to start than by feeling festive with the Christmas Tag! I have seen this crop up on quite a lot of blogs this month, and decided it looked like fun! Enjoy....

1. What is your favourite Christmas film?

My favourite Christmas film has to be A Christmas Princess, it is one of those so-bad-it's-good films, which makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?

According to my parents, we had a very light dusting of snow on Christmas day when I was about 4! However unfortunately I was too young to remember it properly!!!
3. Where do you usually spend your Holiday?

I always have Christmas dinner at my parents house, however I will be waking up with my Boyfriend in our flat, and spend the morning with his family, so I get to see his neice and nephews! I always think the more the merrier when it comes to family at Christmas!
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?

Ooooh this one is tough! However this year I am rather loving the Nashville Christmas Album (I'm slightly obsessed with Nashville in general actually...) and one of my favourite songs is Santa Baby performed by Clare Bowen, who plays Scarlett!

 

5. Do you get to open any presents on Christmas Eve?

I don't normally get to open any pressies on Christmas Eve, however this year I decided to make special Christmas Eve boxes for Adam's niece and nephews, with things like new PJs, magazines, a film, the night before Christmas book etc. I then also decided that Adam and I needed Christmas PJs so got us some matching ones. Does it count if I bought myself the Christmas Eve pressie?

6. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph! (I may have got through those by going through the Night Before Christmas Book in my head!)

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?

This year is a bit different than normal, because it is the first Christmas I won't be spending with my sister! So I'm not exactly sure about traditions! Maybe we'll make some new ones!

8. Is your Christmas Tree real or fake?

Both! The one in my flat is fake, but the one at my mom's is real!


9. What is your all time favourite holiday food/ sweet treat?

Mince Pies!! I have been eating them since early November.... I think this explains why the diet has recently failed!

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts best?

Both! I love seeing people open the presents I've bought them, especially when it is a complete surprise, but at the same time, my boyfriend has wrapped up about 15 presents for me under the tree! And I can't wait to open them!!!

11. What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?

When I was little, I think that the best Christmas present I received was a cot that my uncle had made for my dolls, which I have still got in my mom's attic, ready for when I have children!

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

I'm a complete home bird, and I have to say I wouldn't want to go away again over Christmas! I love being surrounded by my family too much!

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?

I would say I'm ok, as long as the presents aren't weird shapes! In which case I use a stupid amount of cellotape! I am very good at doing things with ribbon though! My bows are awesome!

14. Most memorable holiday moment?

My most memorable holiday moment has to be from about 10 years ago, when my nan and uncle came up for Christmas - we were shooting party poppers over the hanging light fitting in the ceiling above the dining table, but hadn't thought about the candles which were underneath... needless to say the party poppers dangled into the candles and caught on fire! It was quickly put out, but has been a favourite memory since!

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?

I have no idea what you are on about, he's real!!! (I actually think I saw him on holiday in Key West a couple of weeks ago!)
16. Do you make any New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?

The only one I ever stuck to was to have a sober January, which I managed! But that was more because I was sick of the sight and smell of alcohol after a particularly heavy December... However I do like to think of a couple of things I might like to do over the next year, for example 4 years ago it was to take photography more seriously!

17. What makes the holidays special for you?

Family! I love seeing all my family, dropping presents off around the country for the Children, helping my mom decorate the tree, watching films with Adam's niece and nephew, helping my dad in the kitchen on Christmas day... I love it all!

I hope you all enjoyed this post, I have certainly enjoyed writing it! Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig