Saturday 2 January 2016

2016 New Year's Resolutions (and 2015 Resolution Review!)

You may recall that last year I decided that instead of doing full blown resolutions, I just decided to tweak my life... well I thought it would be interesting to return a year on to see how they went, and then decide what I want to focus on this year! 

If you want to read the original post, you can find it here, however without further ado...
1) Lose some more weight

Well this went pear shaped (get it?! I know...) but in my defence I was really ill for a large part of this year! However as long as I stay quite healthy this year, I will try again!
2) Be more organised with my blog posts

I think I have done quite well with this (a few illness breaks aside) - however I tried to post too frequently for the amount of time I had at the beginning. I now try to post twice a week (usually tuesday and saturday, but it sometimes goes awry!)
3) Sober January

I succeeded at this last year, and I am doing it all over again this year!
4) Save more money
So I mentioned last January about buying a house in 2016, well my boyfriend and I were very lucky as with some help from family we were able to buy one last year! However money management is still a weak point of mine, and I still need to save more!
*      *      *      *      *
So, what about this year then? Well....

1) Lose weight

As previously mentioned this didn't go particularly well last year, although I did take the plunge and joined Slimming World again, which is honestly one of the best decisions I could have made, as it truly helps having people supporting you in your weightless journey.

2) Improve my blog readership and engagement

This is a big one for me, as I have been trying to work out my niche a lot this year, and I think it is gradually getting there. However I love getting feedback of you guys, and I am looking forward to improving my blog more this year!

3) Start a Masters

I am probably most motivated about this one, as I have recently been feeling in a bit of a rut, as my brain needs something new to do. I don't always seem it, but I am actually quite intelligent, and after finishing my BSc Computer Science a few years ago I have done some short courses, but they weren't challenging me enough, and I think I am now ready to step up and do a Masters! Also, if anyone has done a Masters in Management, please drop me a message as that is what I am currently considering!

4) Be more professional

See above, I'm in a rut. My job as a desktop technician is quite relaxed, but I think I have got a bit too comfortable. Due to the nature of my job (spending a lot of time with a dusty PC under a desk) I don't wear the smartest clothes to work, but I think I need to make a bit more of an effort than skinny jeans and an oversized jumper. Also it might help with my confidence, which needs a bit of a boost sometimes. Lastly for this one, I want to get up earlier, and get to work earlier. I'm going to regret saying that I think.....

5) Read more books

I am slightly ashamed of how many classic books I have never read! Considering I read quite a lot (magazines and chick lit/ travel books mainly) I have never read a lot of the books on The Telegraph's list of 100 Novels Everyone Should Read. Also, mid way through the year, please remind me to look at that list again!!!

So what do you think? Do you think mine are doable, and have you reviewed yours from last year?What are your resolutions for 2016? I have lots of questions, and you love to hear your answers in the comments below!
Lots of love 
Briony Crew Post Signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig