Sunday 24 January 2016

My Parisian Inspiration

If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that I absolutely love Paris. I think I was 12 the first time I went, and I must have been 4/5 times since, but it never gets old for me. Unfortunately my boyfriend doesn't like going back to the same place several times, so it is unlikely that I'm going to be visiting again any time soon, but I through books, I can pretend I am there!

Bright Lights Paris Review

The newest book I have found about Paris is Bright Lights Paris by Angie Niles. This is a beautiful book, which I will probably leave on a side table in my living room when I have finished it (just because it's so pretty!) This book is a fantastic reference book, it contains bits of information on a variety of topics such as the best skincare, perfume, coffee shops, where to go away for a weekend and information about different districts. It is brilliant! I'm enjoying flicking through it, just picking it up for 10 minutes or so here and there.



I know that I said I'm not going to Paris anytime soon, but even so - I love the lonely planet guides, so I decided to get the Paris one - I'm sure I'll go back there one day and be able to use it! If you are going to Paris, I can definitely recommend getting this book, it is organised by area, so for example if you are going to the Eiffel Tower, it recommends nearby restaurants and top tips for when you are there. It also has maps of individual areas, so you won't miss seeing anything, although if you want a larger map, there is a pull out on in the back. Considering this is a pocket sized book, I think this contains some brilliant information, with the bonus that it doesn't weigh you down.

Parisian Chic Review

Anybody who has an interest in French style or fashion has probably heard of this book - Parisian Chic was written by Ines de la Fressange, is a French model, aristocrat, designer and perfumer. This is a very tongue in cheek book, which discusses all things beauty and fashion, including lots of tips and where to go in Paris for different things.

The Goddess Guide Review

Ok, so I only photographed The Goddess Guide, but I also want to include the Goddess Experience also in this - technically neither of these books are just about Paris, but they do include bit about Paris, and it was from these books that I first discovered the wonder that is Ladurée - which in my opinion, makes the best Macarons in the world.

My Paris Dream Review

 This book is very different from all the others - in that it does not in any way provide tips or advice, but it does provide a beautiful background for a story of growing up. Kate Betts was the youngest ever editor of Harper's Bazaar, but to be honest for me the main story was watching her grow up and learn how to find her way as an adult, which I definitely relate too! I definitely recommend picking up this book if you have an interest in Fashion, Journalism or Paris!
I hope you have enjoyed my flavour of Paris, if there are any other books you think I need to read please let me know in the comment section below!

Lots of love
Briony Crew Post Signature
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Just as I couldn't develop some more Paris wanderlust, I read this post! I love everything about the city, from the views, to the buildings, to the style and the general vibe; yet I've never visited and I'm still dyinggg to go. These books sound really lovely, I might just have to add some to my collection so I can dream some more x

    Bridie | The Same Old Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm pleased to help your wanderlust! I hope you get to go soon, it's an incredible place! If you do go, make sure you are able to see the Gardens of Versailles! They are spectacular! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig