Thursday 4 June 2015

New Home Planning

As previously mentioned, the most exciting event in my life at the moment is buying a new house. EEEEEEKK! However, along with all the boring paperwork (not gunna lie, I've given all of that to Adam to deal with) there is so much fun stuff to do when buying a new house... hello decor planning!
This is hopefully what my house will look like when it's finished! Ours would be on the right.

Hands down, the best tool I have found so far when planning rooms and decoration idea has to be Pinterest. I have been pinning lots of different things for the past couple of months, and have a different board for each room.

The overall theme which will be running through the house is country casual. This is partially because I love the country slightly shabby look, and also because I have a young bunny rabbit who causes chaos. If I tried to make a place look all refined and perfectly finished she would destroy it in minutes! Lived in works for me.

We already have quite a lot of furniture as the flat we are currently living in came unfurnished, however we still have some planning to do. The living room will be light as it doesn't get a lot of sun, however it is a nice sized room. Our sofas are light beige as well which is perfect!

Follow Briony Crew's board Living Room Inspiration on Pinterest.



I think the room that I am most excited about is the Kitchen/ Diner... I absolutely love cooking so being able to plan my kitchen from scratch is my dream! Also the back of the house (where the Kitchen/ Diner is) is south facing, so it gets lots of sun and with lovely french windows it will be warm and bright. The back wall is going to be a dove grey, the cabinets are cream shaker style, with a wood block effect (I can't afford the real thing!) worktop, and white glossy brick style tiles! I'm so excited.

Follow Briony Crew's board Kitchen Inspiration on Pinterest.

I'm also quite excited about getting the bathrooms perfect, as I love having a soak, and creating the right environment is definitely part of that, although I did compromise on the tiles I wanted when I got my rabbit Sky!

Follow Briony Crew's board Bathroom Inspiration on Pinterest.

I haven't really decided on the bedrooms yet, I have a while though, as it isn't going to be finished until October!


What do you think? Let me know if you are in a similar situation, and if you know of any other tools as great for interior design ideas as Pinterest!


Lots of Love
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig