Friday 8 August 2014

Book Review: What A Girl Wants by Lindsey Kelk

To me, Lindsey Kelk books are the perfect holiday read. They are fun, well written, and easy to dip in and out of. What A Girl Wants is no different. However, I think a lot of people can also relate to this book, as overall the story is about a girl who struggles to make a decision between whether she should choose the safe easy life, or risk it all in a gamble and run away to Italy.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that everyone has had the opportunity to run away to Italy (if only!) but I think everyone has had to make a decision at some point about what path they want their life to take. This is why everyone will be able to identify with the main character, Tess, as she struggles with to make up her mind, when her heart wants to lead her somewhere else! In the words of R. Kelly "my mind is telling me no but my body, my body's telling me yes". True story.

This book is in fact a sequel to another book, About A Girl, but I didn't realise this until I finished the book and read the bit at the back which tells you about other books by the author! However, it doesn't matter (as I discovered) and the book is fantastic, whether or not you read the prequel.

If you are looking for some other Lindsey Kelk books, definitely have a look at the "I heart" series - they are fab, and were the first books of hers that I read, and continue to enjoy them.

Have you read any Lindsey Kelk books recently? Do you love them as much as I do? Let me know! 

Also I am planning a summer reading list post - so if there is anything you think I need to read (my holiday is booked for september so I have a while to go!) make sure I add it to my list!

post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig