Sunday 3 August 2014

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Lightscapade

I have loved using highlighters for quite a while, however until recently I have only used liquid ones, but never found they blended very well. As I was mooching around the MAC store in the Harvey Nichols Beauty Bazaar in Liverpool, deciding whether or not I really needed another lipstick (I did), I asked one of the Makeup Artists what highlighters they had, and as always happens with MAC products... I fell in love and came home with it. Best Decision Ever.


The Mineralize Skinfinish Lightscapade is a very pretty highlighter to look at, the colours in it mix together and look quite pearlescent. When applying it to skin it blends really well, so if you want a general pick me up and to look a bit more alert you can do a light covering over your foundation, or alternatively you can build several layers up to create a more obvious effect, for example when contouring (yes, I am still trying to master this!)


I only put a little onto my hand as I wanted to show how gentle it can be! It seems to sit very well with any skin tone (unlike the more pigmented Benefit highlighters I was using before, in which I seemed to have to have a different one in winter to what I did in summer).


As an added bonus this looks absolutely beautiful in my makeup drawer, and it is quite a joy to get it out and look at it!

I have heard some good things about other highlighters, in particular the MUA one, which I am going to get, so I can make a comparison, but I have to say this one is fantastic, and I would definitely recommend it!

Let me know if you have tried this highlighter, or any others you think I should test!

post signature
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've never used highlighters before but they really intrigue me! This one looks like a good place to start!

    www.astyleshake.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lightscapade :) It's definitely one of my favourite highlighters!

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I love the Mac Counter in Harvey Nichols in Liverpool, the staff are always much more helpful than the Metquarter store which can be a little intimidating in my experience.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this and it would be perfect for summer with the mineralize finish :) love it! x

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to try a highlighter for aages but never fancied a liquid one so this might be just the thing! Thanks!

    Sophie xx
    thescientificbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig