Wednesday 13 August 2014

Corn Silk Loose Powder

I love vintage things, so I am not quite sure why I have never thought to look at makeup which was popular years ago! I can do my face up to look full on 50s, but I have never committed to actually using the products which were around then. One product which seems to be coming back into vogue is Corn Silk - a face powder which was originally made in the 1960s and claimed to offer women a lasting glow. It gives the face a matte appearance, which conveniently is what everyone is currently trying to achieve! (Think of all those Instagram filters? How about looking like that all day every day?!)

It seems to be so popular that it is now a best sold item on Amazon, and several professional makeup artists including Aimee Adams, whose clients include Madonna and Ellie Goulding, now swear by it! Amy says "I recommend Corn Silk for getting make-up to stay in place and give you a flawless complexion!" With praise like that I decided I needed to try it for myself.
The first thing that I noticed was that it wouldn't look out of place on my nan's dressing table, I decided to try out the loose powder, as I haven't used one for ages, and it comes in quite a big box, with a cute little face puff (I'm not sure if that is the technical term).
The box itself feels like quite cheap plastic, but the powder is very good! My job as a computer technician means I am frequently scrabbling around under desks and end up a bit hot with a shiny forehead (attractive I know!) so as soon as it was delivered, handily to my desk at lunch time, that I would put some on before I started work for the afternoon again.
By the end of the day I was sold! Although I had a little bit of a dewy appearance, it was nowhere near as bad as the full on shiny forehead without it! Corn Silk, from now on you will be living in my makeup bag!
After all, doesn't everyone want to be this glamorous...
Anyway, let me know if you have used Corn Silk and if you have any other old fashioned makeup which is still fab!
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig