Tuesday 27 January 2015

Top 5 Tuesday: Lipsticks

Lipsticks are probably my favourite makeup item, so I have decided to share my top 5 from my collection with you!

L-R: Boots No7 in Plum Beautiful (30), Kate Moss for Rimmel in Wine 107, MAC Crosswires, Bellapiere Mandarina, MAC Hot Tahiti

 1) Boots No7 Plum Beautiful (30)

This is a lipstick my Mum gave me that she got as a freebie, but the tone didn't suit her - but I really like it! It is a brown shade neutral, but it's very moisturising and also has SPF 15 built in, so it's great for over the summer.

2) Kate Moss for Rimmel Wine 107

Most people know this lipstick - it is a fab berry shade with a matte texture, the colour lasts for several hours, and there is hardly any bleed. This colour works brilliantly over winter, and really brightens up the face.

3) MAC Crosswires

This was one of my first MAC lipsticks (my first was Capricious but it has currently gone walkabouts) and I still love it, it's a pink/ coral summery shade which I can't wait to wear again. It looks ok when I am pale, but it really suits me better when I am tanned.

4) Bellapiere Mandarina

I received this lipstick in a beauty box (I can't remember which) and it is a lovely orange red shade, with a mineral formula which is really moisturising. This is a highly pigmented lipstick and is perfect for lovely summer evenings, again, ideally it looks better with a tan, but I still like to wear it when I am pale.

5) MAC Hot Tahiti

I recently bought and reviewed this lipstick, and I have to say that since I put it in my handbag, I have worn it most days! It's such an easy shade to wear, it doesn't matter how pale I am, it adds colour to my face. It's also quite moisturising, so is fab while it is cold.


L-R: Boots No7 in Plum Beautiful (30), Kate Moss for Rimmel in Wine 107, MAC Crosswires, Bellapiere Mandarina, MAC Hot Tahiti

Are your favourite lipsticks any of these? Or do you think I have missed out anything vital? Let me know!

Lots of love
post signature
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. The 107 is a shade I absolutely *need* to get my hands on. I've heard it mentioned everryywhere but I can't seem to find it anywhere near me. The Plum Beautiful is really pretty too :)

    Also, I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award and nominated you in return! Check out the post here x

    Ornella @ EUHNELLA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get it! It's brilliant value considering how long it lasts and the colour it gives! Thank you for the blog award as well!! I will do that post this weekend! x

      Delete
  2. I literally need to get all of the lipsticks. so beautiful
    amira
    http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rimmel 107 - such a classic in the Blogosphere!

    Bethan | Thought from Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's definitely a firm favourite! x

      Delete
  4. Kate Moss lipsticks are my absolute fave too! Red lipstick every day :D
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm such a sucker for a red lipstick! I have so many different shades! x

      Delete
  5. It's an amazing shade for summer! Definitely sample it next time you're in MAC! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig